St John's Guilden Sutton
St John’s was built in 1815 on the site of a previous church. It is a simple structure, modest in size, giving a warm, intimate feel to the worship space. Unlike most church buildings, it is flooded with natural light.
The interior was attractively reordered in 2001, with the removal of the chancel screen and choir stalls, some levelling of the floor, the provision of a toilet, and improvements to the entrance.
St John’s is open for visitors during the day. This provides an opportunity for people to come to look around, and to pray in an atmosphere of peace and quiet.
The photographs include details of the west window and the carving of the Ascension of Christ on the vestry door. Also shown is the bell-cote which was completely restored in 2005 when the church was re-decorated, after it was found to be under attack by death watch beetle.